Homebrew et al.

Blog about trying to make beer, good beer.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Finally racked my beers


I finally racked my beers. I got some advice from the Brewboard that I should just rack, since enough time had elapsed. A couple of strange things to note. The hydrometer readings after the rack were, at least for the special bitter, 1.008. Was I taking bad samples? I really don't know what is going on. Nonetheless, I took a sample from the bottom of the carboy and I had a ten point difference. When I transferred the wee heavy I tried to take a sample of beer with my wine theif and broke the hydrometer that I left inside as I was bouncing the thief in the beer. I hope I didn't contaminate the brew. I am hoping that the shards of glass stayed in the thief, and the auto siphon was placed at the other end of the fermentation vessel (plastic bucket).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home